A 48-year old man, Mr. Emmanuel Oduka was about 2.30pm on Sunday electrocuted while connecting light from Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) cable at Vine Crescent Awada in Anambra State.
Oduka, a native of Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta state lived at No.1 Obieminaka Street, Awada in Anambra state before the unfortunate incident.
According to a statement by the Police Public Relations Officer, Anambra State Police command, SP Haruna Mohammed, Police operatives from Awada Division, following a report, visited the scene and the victim rushed to St. Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha for treatment but was confirmed dead by a medical doctor on duty.
“Meanwhile, corpse deposited at the hospital mortuary while investigation is ongoing to ascertain circumstances surrounding the incident.
“Consequently, the Commissioner of Police, CP John B. Abang,fdc cautions “Ndi Anambra” and residents alike to always seek for experts whenever they have electric fault in order to avert similar ugly incident in future”, the statement said.
Photo: The Commissioner of Police Anambra State, CP John Abang.
Send your news, press releases/articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter @ptreporters and on Facebook on facebook.com/primetimereporters or call the editor on 07030661526, 08053908817.