The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has said that it has withdrawn from patrol duties the officer and other members of the team from the Federal Operations Unit (FOU) Zone ‘C’ identified in a viral video assaulting an unarmed civilian along Benin-Agbor expressway last Saturday at about 5pm.
The Public Relations Officer of the Service, DC Timi Bomodi who disclosed this in a statement in Abuja on Monday informed that the officers were currently under administrative investigation at the NCS Zonal Headquarters, Zone ‘C,’ Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Bomodi maintained that officers of the Nigeria Customs Service had been trained to carry out their duties with dignity and respect and were expected to display decorum in all their conduct at all times.
“Where they fail to carry out their brief as assigned, appropriate sanctions are applied to enforce discipline.
“The NCS would like to reassure the general public of its commitment to the welfare and safety of all citizens and frowns seriously at any act by its personnel capable of misrepresenting its corporate image.
“We ask that all law-abiding persons go about their activities without fear of intimidation or harassment as we work assiduously to bring closure to this unwholesome incident”, he said.
The unnamed customs officer was on Saturday May 7, 2022 recorded in a video making the rounds on the social media assaulting an unarmed civilian along Benin-Agbor expressway at about 5pm.
Send your press invite, news, press releases/articles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on Twitter @ptreporters and on Facebook on facebook.com/primetimereporters or call the editor on 07030661526, 08053908817.